While the emphasis of our program is on interpreting skills, you will also learn about:
- Landmark cases that led to the development of the medical and healthcare interpreting profession
- Facts about the limited English proficiency (LEP) population
- Barriers and challenges LEP patients face when seeking and receiving healthcare services in the U.S.
- Key U.S. legislation regarding language access services
- How the U.S. healthcare system is different from the way healthcare is provided in other countries